Volunteers Sought for Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee
If you are interested in the Aging Texas Well initiative, you might be interested in being a member of the Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee.
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission executive commissioner will appoint members to the committee to serve a two-year term. Applications are due no later than 11:59 p.m. Jan. 16, 2018.
About the Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee
The committee, was created by Executive Order R.P. 42, the committee makes recommendations to state leadership regarding the implementation of the Aging Texas Well initiative and provides expertise on the development of the biennial plan. The committee must seek input from the network of aging services providers and stakeholders on these issues and produces formal recommendations to HHSC on how to implement the Aging Texas Well initiative. The committee will include key stakeholders as determined by the executive commissioner. The committee must include representatives of each of the following:
- Academic community
- Advocates and consumers
- Faith-based and non-profit organizations
- The aging service-delivery network
- Providers from a residential setting
- Providers from the community setting
- Providers serving persons with disabilities
- Community services.
An Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee member must regularly participate in committee meetings and may also have to participate in subcommittee meetings, projects and presentations. Committee meetings will be held at least quarterly in Austin or at the call of the presiding officer. Committee members don’t receive compensation (a stipend) for participation on the committee.Posted on: January 3, 2018 | Filed under:
- June 2020 (1) April 2020 (3) March 2020 (1) February 2020 (2) January 2020 (6) November 2019 (2) September 2019 (1) July 2019 (1) June 2019 (1) May 2019 (4) March 2019 (2) February 2019 (3) January 2019 (1) December 2018 (4) August 2018 (1) July 2018 (1) June 2018 (1) March 2018 (1) February 2018 (4) January 2018 (2) November 2017 (2) October 2017 (1)
Do you have a success story to share?SEND IT TO US!